I don't know about you, but one of my guiltiest pleasures is chocolate and if you're anything like me, you're in luck because today is International Chocolate Day! So go ahead and indulge without the guilt. In honor of the holiday, one of my favorite men's grooming brands, AXE, conducted a study that found that 82% of women agree that chocolate is a temptation that's hard to resist. In honor, AXE put together a chocolate mousse recipe that your man can make for you inspired by their Dark Temptation Body Spray. Step one is having him spritz their chocolate body spray and then get in the kitchen. What's better than a man in the kitchen making chocolate?
Get your man started! Print out the recipe and comment below telling me your absolute favorite chocolate desert to WIN a set of AXE Dark Temptation Body Spray and Hold & Touch Hair Products for your man. I'm giving away two sets!
Chocolate mousse ingredients
- 2 ounce(s) of milk chocolate
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- Prepare for the evening with a hot, refreshing shower using Dark Temptation shower gel.
- Then, head to the kitchen and finely chop the milk chocolate and set aside. In a double boiler, whisk yolks, sugar, and salt until sugar has dissolved and mixture is warm to the touch, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, and quickly whisk in chopped chocolate until melted and cocoa until smooth (mixture will be thick). Allow mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Whisk half of whipped cream into room-temperature chocolate mixture. Gently fold in remaining whipped cream with a rubber spatula. Divide mousse among four serving dishes. Chill at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- While the mousse is cooling, apply Dark Temptation bodyspray to keep you smelling and feeling great all night long.
- Remove mousse from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving and garnish with shaved chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy a deliciously sinful night with your girlfried.