bomb·shell n. One that is sensationally shocking, surprising, or amazing. One who is very attractive. When thinking of what makes someone look like a total bombshell the first things that come to mind are a head-turning blowout and long, thick lashes that compliment enticing eyes. The blowout? I like to cheat and leave it up to the pros, but there's a new drugstore mascara on the market that's a real game changer – an impressive 2-step wand by CoverGirl that takes lashes to the next level. The mascara's called Bombshell Volume, which is part of CoverGirl's new LashBlast collection that also includes ShineShadow and Intensity Liner. It's dual ended, but unlike other dual ended mascaras which have serums on one end and mascara on the other, this one has mascara on both sides. Step one is a fat brush with short, plastic bristles that helps to build volume on your lashes and step two is a thinner, tapered brush with longer bristles that help to intensify the volume and shape your lashes.
It's genius, really. How many of you normally use two or even three different mascaras at a time, because they each deliver something different? This one wand, really is the answer to that. Here are some tips for use to make sure you're really getting bombshell lashes.
- Take your time. We often rush through applying our mascara, but truth is, achieving bombshell lashes is an art.
- Wiggle at the base, then drag. Treat the brush like a comb. Place it at the base of your lashes and wiggle it so the bristles sit in between them and then pull up. This helps to define and separate them.
- Don't forget the outer corners. The lashes on the outer corners of your eyes are often skipped. Make sure to coat them as they help to make your eyes appear bigger.
- Skip pumping the wand. Never pump your mascara wand in and out of the tube to get more product. It creates air in the tube, which causes it to clumping.
- Stick with two coats. Believe it or not, less is more here, too. You don't want your mascara to dry in between coats and when over-applying it's a risk you take. Say hello to flakes.
You can find the new CoverGirl Bombshell collection at Ulta.
Want to try it? Of course you do! I'm giving away the CoverGirl Bombshell collection and a $100 ULTA Beauty Gift Card. Follow @BeautySweetSpot on Twitter & RT my tweets about the giveaway for a chance to win! The winner will be chosen at random on 1/10.
Also, from January 5th through January 25th, all CoverGirl products are buy one get one 50 percent off at Ulta! Happy Shopping!
*This post is sponsored by Blue Chip, but all of my thoughts and actions are true.