I swear when I tell you this – the best thing I've ever done for my skin was slathered oil across my face. It's been over a year since I discovered Rodin Olio Lusso, a luxurious face oil that I use all the time (see post here) and since, the demand for beauty oils has exploded. Results drive passion for a product, which drives me to want to tell you about it. Here's a breakdown on different types of oils and why you need them in your life. Body Oil:
When you get out of the shower, pat yourself dry and use a body oil on your damp skin. Unlike lotions and moisturizers, the oil can penetrate deeper into your skin and really boost hydration. Of course, you can still apply lotion on top and I recommend you do as it keeps getting colder out.
- Salma Hayek's Jojoba Dual Phase Body Oil, $12.99 at CVS
- Fresh Sugar Body Oil, $45 at Sephora
- Neutrogena Body Oil, $7.99 at drugstore
Face oils have multiple benefits and each cater to different skincare needs from moisturization to acne and aging. You will not break out from applying the proper face oil to your skin. Determine your skin's needs and use a face oil alone or under a moisturizer. For example, tea tree oil is an antibacterial and helps to prevent acne. You'll notice skincare benefits as well as that effortless, model-like, dewy sheen.
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil (acne), $9.50 at thebodyshop-usa.com
- Rodin Olio Lusso Face Oil (moisturization), $150 at oliolusso.com
- Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil (aging), $50 at clarinsusa.com
Not only will it help condition your strands (hello hot tools), but it can also help make them stronger. There are so many ways to use it depending on the type – ie: massaging your scalp and hair and leaving it on overnight as a real treatment, running it through your strands and leaving it on for 10 minutes before you shampoo or simply as a styling product.
- Leonor Greyl Huile Secret de Beaute, $66 at leonorgreyl-usa.com
- Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil Tamanu Oil Blend, $22 at salons
- Avon Advance Techniques 360 Nourishing Moroccan Argan Oil Leave-In Treatment, $12 at avon.com
If you're going to invest in one, this is it. They're great to use on your skin, hair and nails to say the least. I bring one along with me when I'm traveling.
- Bio-Oil, 11.99 at drugstores
- Votre Vu Amour D’Ore Les Vitamines Pour Vous, $49 at votrevu.com
- Caudalie Divine Oil, $9 at Caudalie.com
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years for their healing properties and now, research is backing up their claims. Some provide relief for your body and others for your mind.
- Weleda Arnica Massage Oil (muscles), $22.50, at Whole Foods
- Jurlique Clarity Blend Essential Oil (mind), $23 at jurlique.com
- Elemis Quiet Mind Temple Balm (mind), $30 at timetospa.com