One of my biggest beauty sins is the fact that I rarely clean my makeup brushes. Then, as soon as I see a pimple pop up, it's the first thing I do. Makeup artists recommend cleaning them weekly, but I'll admit I probably go about two months. How about you? Truth is, there's no excuse because cleaning them is so simple. Here's the quick how-to.
- Grab all of your brushes, a sulfate free shampoo or gentle face wash, hand towel and tissues (I like Puffs Ultra Soft and Strong, because they can handle the job).
- One at a time, rinse your brushes under cold water and let the gunk fall out, then begin to massage your cleanser through the hairs. Remember, the brushes are small so you only need a very small amount.
- Rinse until the water runs clear and squeeze out all of the excess water.
- Using a tissue, run it along the brush to place the hairs in shape. This way they dry they way they're intended to.
- Lay them out on a hand towel to air dry.
Check out my Vine on cleaning your makeup brushes here!
*This post is sponsored by Puffs, but all of my thoughts and actions are true.