Recently at a wedding my best friend (who has hair as fine) as mine donned this amazing bun and believe it or not, it was all her real hair. No sock bun, no donut. The only prop needed was an elastic (oh, yea and some bobby pins)! Of course I semi-freaked out when I saw it and had to get the step-by-step so I can tell all of you! Here it is courtesy of U by Kotex. You may be wondering, what the heck does this style have to do with tampons? Well, funny enough, U by Kotex comes with free Goody hair elastic at Target, which at the end of the day makes sense. They're two essentials every girl needs! And like I said, all you need for this style is an elastic. Text KOTEX to TARGET to get a coupon today.
Here's the breakdown:
- Pull your hair back into a high ponytail above the crown of your head securing it with an elastic
- In 1/2" sections, pull your hair up from the elastic and tease the front (outside) of the root
- Take that piece and fold it over the teased section
- Secure with a bobby pin
- Repeat with 1/2" sections all the way around the pony tail until you have a teased out bun
- Spray with a light weight hairspray
*This post is sponsored by U by Kotex, but all of my thoughts and actions are true.