Selena Gomez looked stunning last night at the MTV Video Music Awards as she had an honorable role to play, hosting the pre-show. While I thought her black mini and updo made her look a little too mature (Britney anyone?), I like how she kept her makeup natural. I got the scoop from her makeup artist, Karan Mitchell on how to get the look. "To compliment her lace gown, I went for a classic and clean route with Selena's makeup," Mitchell states. The look consisted of bronzed skin, smoldering eyes, bold brows and a metallic pink lip.
1. Start with your eyes. Blend the colors in the Lancome Color Design 5 Pan Palette in Bronze Amour across your lid and up into your crease.
2. Trace your top and bottom inner rims with Lancome Le Stylo EyeLiner in Noir then use two coats of Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara in So Black on your top lashes and one coat on the bottom.
3. Brush your brows up to a 45 degree angle and fill them in with Modele Sourcils Brow Groomer in Brunet. After penciling them in, brush over them again to make sure they're blended.
4. Apply concealor where needed then use an illuminator like Lancome Eclat Miracle Complexion Illuminator all over the face for added glow. You can mix it into your foundation too if you want more coverage.
5. Using Lancome's Blush Subtil in Sheer Amourose, brush it onto the apples of your cheeks and blend it up into your temples.
6. Line your lips with Lancome Color Fever Gloss in Hibis-Kiss and use Lancome Color Design Lipstick in Fashion Icon.